The Center for Dynamic Data Analysis (DyDAn), led by Rutgers
University, is one of four Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Centers of Excellence affiliated with
the Institute for
Discrete Sciences (IDS). IDS is a joint project between
DHS and several national laboratories, based at
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. DyDAn coordinates the
other three IDS Centers of Excellence which are located at the University
of Illinois, the University of Pittsburgh, and the University of
The DyDAn Center has been replaced by CCICADA: see ccicada.org.
DyDan research blog: provides a forum to discuss DyDan research issues
- DyDAn Flier: General information about DyDAn
- Applications of DyDAn research: What are real-world uses of our work?
- Why IDS?: Why should we engage in data analytic research at the IDS centers?
- Privacy and DyDAn research: How does privacy enter DyDAn research?
- Fliers describing a sample of ongoing projects in homeland security.
- Directions: DyDAn is located at DIMACS, the Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science: directions to DIMACS.
- DHS S&T Snapshots Newsletter - March 2008 : "Reading by Numbers: Using math to help predict epidemics"
- DHS Student & Alumni Network Newsletter - October 2007 : "Answers to U.S. health threats found in Africa"
- NJN News Intreview of Fred Roberts by Patrick Regan 9/19/07 : "Math for Security"
- Rutgers press release 9/17/07 : "Homeland Security Awards Two Grants to Rutgers for Nuclear Threat Detection"
- DHS Student & Alumni Network Newsletter - August 2007: "DHS Centers and MSI research teams partner on critical security needs"
- DHS Student & Alumni Network Newsletter - July 2007: "Students finding clues in Web, e-mail, and inspection records to fight terror"
- DHS Student & Alumni Network Newsletter - May 2007: "The Institute for Discrete Sciences (IDS) perfecting the science of information discovery and analysis through publicly available sources"
- Rutgers Focus article on DyDAn Kickoff Conference - 3/7/07
- Summer opportunity for students and faculty of minority serving institutions at DHS
- Department of Homeland Security Press Release - 7/25/06
- Rutgers Press Release - 7/26/06
- MIAS: Center for Multimodal Information Access and Synthesis at University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
- CERATOPS: Center for the Extraction and Summarization of Events and Opinions in Text at University of Pittsburgh Center
- CKID: Center for Knowledge Integration and Discovery at USC Information Sciences Institute